Short Explanation: The hospital greatest need fund is just what it sounds like – it is what we use to meet whatever our greatest need is at the time to run this ministry for patient care and spiritual outreach. Give at our secure giving site.
Detailed Explanation: Onetime or monthly, large or small, every gift contributes to all we do. Here are some recent examples of ways we have used your gifts to the Greatest Need Fund to show God’s love here:
- Paid for overseas containers customs and shipping – this brought in what would have been millions of dollars worth of medicine and equipment if it was purchased… but it was donated by partners for free!
- Purchase chemicals for the lab analyzers.
- Purchase x-ray films and chemicals (none available from government for the first half of the year!)
- Staff spiritual life retreats.
- Purchase urgent medicine when we are going to run out of government supply of critical medicines (examples: treatment for meningitis and other severe infections, anti-seizure medicines, Parkinson medicines, pain medicines, and more)
- Patients in need who can’t afford treatment
- Spiritual follow up for patients after they leave the hospital
- Skin staplers and sutures for surgery
- Exam gloves, sterile gloves, gauze
Click here to go directly to our secure giving site for Nazarene Hospital Greatest Need Fund and partner with us in giving the hope of Jesus to the world one patient at a time!
The Greatest Need Fund is a big part of our ability to run at the level we do. Government supplies and funds are often insufficient. The needs are great. Living in a developing country, we run out of medicines, things break and are expensive to fix, we see patients who can’t afford care, we struggle to keep staff housed, etc… but because churches and individuals give to the Nazarene Hospital Greatest Need Fund or to specific projects we keep giving the best care in Papua New Guinea. We fix broken machines, buy equipment others don’t have, order lab reagents, pay for shipping on donated medicines from Nazarene Hospital Foundation and other ministry partners,… Couple this with our outstanding dedicated Christian staff and missionaries, all of this gives us a reputation as the best care in the country that draws people from all over the country to seek care here. It also helps us find government or foreign aid donors for large projects.
More than that, all of this enables us to give healthcare as a direct expression of God’s love from you, through us, to people in need. This leads people to Christ. If you were to look at a map of the Church of the Nazarene in PNG, you would see that the healthcare ministry is the epicenter of church growth.